Pinched Nerve Pain | Treatment from Our Chiropractor
At Long Island Chiropractic & Physical Therapy PLLC, we understand sciatic and pinched nerve pain. The treatment for pinched nerves can vary, so it's best to get help from a chiropractor. At Long Island Chiropractic & Physical Therapy PLLC, we'll help you find relief! Stop by our clinic in Smithtown, NY, and West Islip, NY, and read about our services below.
What Causes a Pinched Nerve?
Several factors, including repetitive movements, poor posture, aging, or an injury, can cause a pinched nerve. It is also possible for your spine to misalign and compress a nerve root in the spinal cord. No matter the cause, our chiropractors will work with you to find relief from the pain and other symptoms associated with this condition.
Common pinched nerve conditions include:
- • Sciatica – This condition causes pain along the sciatic nerve, which runs from your lower back to your legs. It is one of the most common pinched nerve conditions and can be caused by compression of the lumbar spinal nerves.
- • Cervical Radiculopathy – This condition develops from the pressure to the cervical spine nerve root. Symptoms may include neck, shoulders, arms, and even finger pain.
- • Thoracic Radiculopathy – This occurs when a thoracic spine nerve root is compressed. Symptoms may include pain in the chest or abdomen, as well as numbness or weakness.
- • Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – In other words, a pinched nerve condition affecting the wrist median nerve. Symptoms may include numbness, tingling, or pain in the fingers, hand, and forearm.
At Long Island Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, PLLC, we specialize in treating these and other pinched nerve issues.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help?
At Long Island Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, PLLC, we provide comprehensive care plans for patients with pinched nerves. Our experienced staff uses spinal manipulation techniques, such as flexion-distraction and manual adjustments, to help realign your spine and relieve pressure on the affected nerve.
Other treatments we might use to help pinched nerves include:
- • Massage therapy
- • Ice and heat treatments
- • Stretching and strengthening exercises
- • Ultrasound
Our chiropractors can create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs by combining various therapies. This approach helps ensure you receive the best care for your condition.
Find Relief from Pinched Nerves Today
We at Long Island Chiropractic & Physical Therapy, PLLC, understand how painful and debilitating a pinched nerve can be. So let us help you find relief today! Call us today at Smithtown (631) 724-1991 or West Islip (631) 661-1400 to schedule your appointment.